2 stick of salted butter cut into pieces, plus more for greasing the pan
1 1/2 cups of oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
One 10 to 12 oz of blueberry preserves (you can also use strawberry or any other kind of preserves!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter your rectangular pan.
2. Mix together all ingredients: butter, oats, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt.
3. Press half of the oat mixture into the prepared pan.
4. Spread on the blueberry preserves. (We used blueberry preserves from a local blueberry farm!)
5. Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat lightly. Bake until brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
6. Let cool completely. Cut into squares and enjoy!